Monday, March 1, 2010

Media-crity



So here it begins — my foray into the big, bad world of journalism via Tumblr (note: my TA required we use Tumblr, so I'll be doing a repost right here for the entries that may be of interest). At first, I wasn’t particularly sure how to begin my series of media-related entries.
In all honesty, I’m still not exactly sure what I could discuss to make this remotely readable.
What did catch my attention was the focus on photography we’re taking in the class. Writing for Mass Communications gets to share the focus with imagery, which is nice. Since starting college, I’ve joined Theatre Strike Force (TSF), the premier improv and sketch comedy troupe on campus.
Having buddied up with the troupe historian, I’ve learned quite a bit about photography in a semester and a half.
Needless to say, getting to show that off did rather excite me. Nothing I have thus far is particularly relevant to the media, or anything we’ve discussed at all, but I’ll showcase some shots I’m particularly proud of.
In any case, I’m thinking how to relate this back to class. Reflecting on the guest speaker we recently had in lecture, many of the same tips are completely relevant from journalistic photography to the more casual work I do with TSF.
And on that note...here's some shots I've taken that struck me as kinda nifty.






No comments:

Post a Comment