Friday, December 4, 2009

Stacy and Clinton would have something to say about this...




GAY BASHING WOMAN HUMILIATED FOR WEARING HIDEOUS SKIRT
(Boing Boing)

Chris Pesto, a student at Syracuse University, could take this random fundamentalist's hateful messages no more. Instead of taking the conventional route of verbally tearing her a new one, he took the witty high road -- making a rival poster making fun of her God-awful fashion choice. "I decided that because this woman thought it was okay to make me feel uncomfortable in my home, I would retaliate and make her feel just as uncomfortable, if not more, " Pesto said. In all honesty, I'm all for free speech; my international relations teacher in high school didn't call me Crazy Liberal Girl for nothing. However, when Christian fundamentalists taint the good name of the religion overall by spouting hateful rhetoric (yeah, I'm looking at you, Dove Outreach Center), it makes me question where Christ comes into this at all. "Christ will set you free?" I'm Jewish, but even I know Jesus Christ would not approve of such actions on behalf of his name. We are all people and should be treated as such -- humans with free will not to be harassed to "see the light." The fact that actions such as those Pesto had to go to just to feel comfortable in their own hometown is sad and I'm sure your Good Lord would want all of his followers to be treated as such (and even those who do not follow Christianity. Bear in mind: he didn't invent Christianity; apostles did).

But nonetheless, good show, Mr. Pesto. Good show.


Link to story at boingboing.net:
http://www.boingboing.net/2009/11/30/gay-bashing-woman-hu.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+boingboing%2FiBag+(Boing+Boing)&utm_content=Google+Reader

No comments:

Post a Comment